Ingredients: (for 4 servings)
- 1 Pineapple
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cups Rice (brown or white)
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 Chile or Jalapeno (optional), seeded and diced
- Cilantro (for garnish)
1. Cook rice as directed. While cooking, begin work on the pineapple. What you want to do is slice the Pineapple in half, length wise (like a hot dog). Then remove the inside goodness (while leaving the shell intact). Chop up the pinapple peices into bite size chunks.
2. In a wok or large pan heat oil and add onions, garlic, pepper flakes, and Chile or Jalapeno. Saute until soft. Add pineapple pieces saute for 5-ish minutes. Then add finished rice. Stir around and let it all heat up.
3. Add cilanto for topping and serve in the pineapple shell! EAT!
This is a serious fave of mine, and its so easy and beautiful. Sometimes I add some chicken in there that is already cooked or even some shrimp. Also if you like it spicy add some chile sauce! It can easily become a main dish.
What is your favorite way to eat pineapple?