Luckily, the day before I started to do this, one of favorite bloggers had a post about how to do piping. Check out Pretty Handy Girl's instructions here!
First I had to cut 52.6 feet of fabric in two inch wide strips (What a bunch of fabric!)
Then it was time to sew. I did not pin, I simply put the robe on the floor and the strip on my lap and fed the sewing machine using my hands and folding the strips around the rope. It looks great!
And then I pinned it to the top of the cushion fabric.
And then sew it back up, and I was done.
This was my second piping experience, and its not perfect. But the last project took a lot longer to figure out and has many more mistakes, but it looks great! Our last project was re-upholstering our couch from the Goodwill. Upholstering has a steep learning curve! :-)
The next step is finishing the cushions and finish putting the benches together!
Check out Part I to see the progress we made last week!