Last week our bedroom looked something like this:
Very Gray and not very organized. It sure had lots of potential with those awesome ( & free) doors that we worked on last month. So last week - on Wednesday - I decided it was time to redo. I already knew what colors what I wanted all I need was new sheets, some pillows, and updated artwork.
So on Tuesday night I went to Ace and got spray paint to update some art work. I took some old art and painted over the canvas gray. Then I took some old lace I had laying around and taped it to the art - and sprayed my life away.
Silhouette and card stock (although vinyl or contact paper would have been a better choice.)
And finally after getting some new sheets from Target (these to be exact) and some fabric from Joanns - I had this room:
Isn't it wonderful? I think I just laid on the bed for like an hour after I was finished admiring all the work. Here are some more photos for you since I know you want more!
I made all the pillows except the back one. The back pillow is a body pillow with two pillow cases on it that came with the sheets from Target. I then used the bag the sheets came in to make the sqaure pillow in the front. The two gray pillows, the print pillow, and the smaller pillow with the white around it are made from fabric from Joanns. Making pillow cases was the best choice because I got to pick my fabric and no one out there will have them!
Here is the cost break down for this room re-do:
Sheets - $37
Spray Paint- $5
Fabric - $30
Paint - $1
Head Board - reused plywood & burlap - FREE
Art Work -reused plywood & canvas - FREE
Not too bad. I would have liked to get under $50 - but the fabric put me over by a bit. I have lots leftover - so hopefully we'll be seeing some more projects on the other side of the room.
P.S. If you want to know what some the fabric is that I used - just leave me a comment below and I'll send you the links to Joann's website :-)