As I mentioned on Monday's post, this week I am celebrating ONE full year of blogging (I am also giving away a Starbucks Gift Card, if your interested in order to celebrate)!
Today I want to share the top 5 things I've learned in my first year of blogging.
5. Crafting is freeing and gets better with time. When I started this blog I was doing crafts here and there - I always liked them but never loved them. Once I started reading blogs and seeing what I can DIY I was was hooked!
4. Life comes at you fast. When I started I had a dream of being a full time blogger by this time. But, thank God, things change and different options and opportunities come at you (and fast). You have to be OK with that.
3. Life is not spent on the Internet. It is soooo tempting for me to spent all my time on this blog, other blogs, or pinterest. There is just so much pretty stuff out there - but the key is to remember - that there is pretty stuff OUTSIDE, around me, and in the people. I am a much better person and blogger when I am able to live outside the web.
2. Don't compare your self with others. Oh, this is a hard one for me. Each day, I have to remember that I am me, other's lives aren't prefect (no matter how much they appear to be), and that God created me different and today's challenges are enough.
1. Be myself. OK this is similar is number 2, but I have to remember to be honest and real (not to make things looks better then they are). For example, I was hoping to have this post finished by the time I left for Vacation - I didn't. So I am finishing it now (much later), and its not nearly what I pictured. BUT, it is honest.
That is a short list of all I have learned this past year. I can't believe its been that long!
Thanks for reading this! If you want to celebrate ONE YEAR with me - and enter to win a Starbucks Gift Card - then head over HERE and enter!